ClickFunnels is a landing page and sales funnel building software. It’s used by businesses, marketers, entrepreneurs, website and blog owners and even musicians and artists. It’s a sales software that provides high-converting templates to increase leads and profit. So what about its partner program? Exactly what is the ClickFunnels affiliate program?
First off, for anyone that’s new to affiliate marketing, let me just say this of the best and most exciting business models and ways to make money online.
It allows anyone the ability to promote products for a cut of the sales.
But the truly great programs will have these four things:
- Solves A Real Problem In The Market
- A High Commission Payout
- Up to 40%
- Recurring Monthly Commissions
- Sell the product once, and enjoy recurring rewards each month
Together, these factors can create a steady and stable revenue stream that can run on autopilot (if implemented correctly).
And ClickFunnels delivers on all fronts.
The software also has a thriving and engaged community for support, resources and networking.
So this article will first explore the ClickFunnels affiliate program in more detail before moving on to some expert strategies, best practices, tips and techniques to help you hit the ground running and start earning affiliate commissions.
*This post contains affiliate links, which I may receive compensation from. This is at no cost to you and lets me keep the lights on. Read more here…
- What Is The ClickFunnels Affiliate Program?
- The Dream Car Giveaway
- How To Promote ClickFunnels
- Best Practices
- SEO & Creating Content
- Social Media
- Facebook & Instagram
- Paid Ads
- Google AdSense vs. Facebook/Instagram ads
- Networking & Direct Outreach
- ClickFunnels Affiliate Tools
What Is The ClickFunnels Affiliate Program?
The ClickFunnels affiliate program is a high commission, monthly recurring partner program that allows users to promote the software freely.
It’s a very popular software for not only its affiliate program but also for its marketing and profit generating applications in business.
ClickFunnels is a full sales funnel builder, meaning users can manage their sales and prospects throughout the whole customer journey from landing pages to email followups.
Let’s look at some of its top points and benefits:
- A Highly Engaged & Active Online Community
- Network, learn and always have your questions answered
- Numerous Marketing & Promotional Materials
- Check out the last section on this article for more info on this!
- A High, Recurring Commission Rate & Many Product Up-Sells
- 20-40% recurring monthly commissions for member subscriptions
- 40% commission rates require at least 40 members signed up under you
- You’re Promoting A Software Product That Actually Helps People Make More Money
- If you’re offering a way for someone to improve business and increase revenue, then they’re going to listen
- Make Money In Other Ways Besides Being An Affiliate
- Sell your own products or services using the software’s high-converting templates
- Take a 12-week course and become a Certified Partner to offer your funnel building skills to others
- A Free Dream Car Giveaway Incentive
- See the next section below!
The Dream Car Giveaway
Perhaps one of the more exciting features with this affiliate program is the opportunity to win your free dream car – cool, right!?
Although it’s not the easiest thing to achieve, obviously, it is actually rather straightforward and not at all impossible – especially if you use sound marketing strategies and provide real value for people.
Let’s look at what you would need to do to qualify for a free car:
- Refer 100 new members to sign up under your link
- With 100 members, ClickFunnels will pay you $500 monthly towards any car you want
- Refer 200 new members to sign up under your link
- With 200 members, ClickFunnels will pay you $1,000 monthly towards the car of your dreams
This is an enticing bonus for affiliates and gives ClickFunnels the title of having one of the best affiliate programs in the industry.
Although you can be an affiliate without paying for the full subscription, it is highly recommended that you at least sign up for the 14 day free trial and test out the software.
Obviously, if you’re going to successfully promote a product or service, you’ll need to have personal experience and expertise with it. Otherwise, people will see straight through your offer.
How To Promote ClickFunnels
When I first signed up for ClickFunnels, I spent hours upon hours researching different strategies and methods for promoting the software.
I consumed too many videos, articles and webinars to count; but I was able to isolate and recognize common threads between the most successful affiliates.
So if you do decide to sign up for the software and start promoting it, I definitely recommend that you also research and learn what the experts are doing.
As for me, I’ve tried everything from direct outreach and YouTube videos to Facebook ads and SEO applications.
Although your approach will depend on your skills, objectives, commitment and budget, my preferred method is through my website and SEO strategies.
This is a longer-term strategy that does not give quick or immediate returns. But it’s the cheapest route to take and has some highest conversions (I’ll explain why below!).
Let’s look at some best practices that I learned in all my research and trials (and errors).
Regardless of the method(s) you choose, remember to actually learn the software and when in doubt, just follow what the experts are doing.
The best way to know what lies ahead is to ask the person coming back.
So let’s look at some best practices:
- Learn & Follow What Successful Affiliates Are Doing
- Provide Value
- Teach something or make a course (that uses ClickFunnels)
- For example, I made a Facebook ads course with a ton of value, and I use/recommend ClickFunnels as part of my course materials
- Tips & techniques
- Answer common troubleshooting issues
- Use Share Funnels
- This feature allows you to share any of your personal sales funnel templates as a unique URL
- Offering a beautiful, done-for-you website or sales funnel (that someone can download and use immediately) is a very useful and popular way to entice people to sign up under your link
- Have A Unique Offer
- Why would someone sign up with you? Do you provide personalized support? Are you offering an amazing share funnel?
- What unique skill or value could you offer as a bonus for people to sign up using your affiliate link?
- Present ClickFunnels as a Solution
- This is marketing 101, but solve a specific problem by providing a specific solution
- You want to show people the transformation that will take place if they use ClickFunnels
- Use A Lead Magnet
- This is an amazing strategy and one that is available for your to use for free
- As a ClickFunnels affiliate, you’ll have access to an enticing selection of free book to giveaway, free webinars, course and free trials
- Check out the the ClickFunnels Affiliate Tools section below for more information!
- Followup & Build Relationships
- Build trust, authority and rapport – and people will remember you and buy from you
- Following up and retargeting prospects is essential for successful marketing (for any product or industry)
Recommended Read: How to Generate Leads & Make Sales
SEO & Creating Content
Image Credit: mohamed_hassan
SEO (search engine optimization) refers to optimizing your website to rank in Google, Yahoo!, Bing, YouTube and other search engine platforms.
It’s definitely a longer-term strategy that requires some patience, keyword research, content writing and strategy.
However, it’s a free method that, over time, can potentially give you a steady stream of organic traffic.
Also, this traffic is seeking you out and thus has buyer intent.
Compared to running paid ads (where your target customers are most likely not ready to buy), having an effective SEO strategy means you’ll naturally enjoy higher conversions.
Covering the full scope of SEO strategy is outside the parameters of this article, but if you’d like to learn more, then you have a couple choices. You could
- Use an affiliate network communit, such as Wealthy Affiliate to learn SEO & affiliate marketing strategies
- You can sign up for a completely free account
- Check Out Helpful YouTube Channels, such as Income School
- These guys have a ton of free, helpful content for ranking in Google
If you’re curious about Wealthy Affiliate, after signing up, you’ll have immediate access to:
- WordPress Websites & Hosting
- An Highly Engaged Community
- Full of experts and highly successful affiliate marketers, ready to answer your questions and help you succeed
- Free Training Videos & Courses; Resources & Support Directly From the Site Owners
- Stay current with best practices and affiliate marketing trends
- Access to a Premium Keyword Research Tool
- Jaaxy is the platform and it can be really helpful for finding new keyword ideas
- As with any keyword research tool, the data is not 100% accurate, but rather an insights into potential opportunities
- You should always cross reference witha quick Google search of your intended keyword to see the type of competition on page 1 of the search results
- If most of the results are huge, well-established sites, then you should probably choose another search term…)
- Networking Opportunities
- Support Network
- Surrounding yourself with like-minded, ambitious affiliates and entrepreneurs is infectious and extremely motivating
Again, although you’ll be recommended to upgrade to premium (which starts at only $19 for your first month), it’s totally free to sign up and learn some valuable information helpful for promoting ClickFunnels or any other product or service.
YouTube & Social Media
Image Credit: Gerd Altmann
YouTube can be a fantastic choice for many people. Especially if you’re comfortable on camera and understand some basics of YouTube SEO and video optimization.
Again, this is outside the scope of this article, but you can find a ton of information on, well, YouTube.
There are so many social media platforms with countless ways to engage with people and promote products. So just be sure to choose the platform that’s most appropriate for your target customers.
For example, are ClickFunnels prospects more likely to be on Facebook? How about LinkedIn or Instagram? Maybe even Twitter?
As you can see, there are many channels to promote and build a following, but YouTube tends to be one of the best – especially for ClickFunnels.
With YouTube, you’ll want to create engaging, helpful and valuable content related to either ClickFunnels (such as reviews) or another subject where you could use and recommend ClickFunnels as a tool (such as how to generate leads and make landing pages).
Similar to SEO, it can definitely take some time to make content, promote it and generate followers and organic reach.
However, it can truly become a long-term asset that you could monetize in a variety of exciting ways (beyond just ClickFunnels).
If you’re interested in this approach, then check out the this video by Kevin David (a make-money-online guru and currently a dream car winner for ClickFunnels) for a more specific strategy!
Image Credit: Gerd Altmann
This is a slightly more advanced strategy, but it’s been used by many of ClickFunnels’ top affiliates. To do it successfully however, you’ll need to focus on providing value, creating an enticing offer and retargeting.
So if you have expertise or you know your way around Facebook or Instagram (and you have the budget to test and run ads), then this can definitely be an effective strategy.
I won’t spend too much time talking about how to set up an ad, but just be sure to:
- Test and find the right target audience
- Offer a solution to some specific problem they’re facing
- Have effective followup and retargeting protocols
Also keep this in mind:
Don’t expect to run ads and sell ClickFunnels memberships straight up to cold audiences that have never heard of you
You’ll need to first develop a relationship and provide real, actionable value. You want to focus on creating an offer that’s unique, irresistible and easily consumed.
Providing an offer with a high perceived value offer can generate you leads, build an email list and give you valuable retargeting data.
Effective digital marketing requires a strategic approach with a decent budget and a good offer.
Luckily, ClickFunnels has some great promotional tools and lead magnets, such as free, best-selling books to give away. These are highly effective at converting prospects and perform well within advertisements.
Check out the the ClickFunnels Affiliate Tools section below for more information on affiliate tools!
Finally, if you’d like to know more about running effective digital marketing campaigns, then I invite you to check out my 6 Steps to Facebook Ads.
Networking & Direct Outreach
Image Credit: Gordon Johnson
Finally, this last approach is a classic and sometimes feels a bit grassroots. But depending on your existing contacts, skills/knowledge and willingness to hustle, this can be a great (and free) option to start promoting. Here are some popular platforms and ways to use this approach:
- Signing up for an account and answering questions on Quora is a great way to get exposure and build credibility
- This is especially useful if you have skills or knowledge related to ClickFunnels, marketing, business or related industries
- Facebook Groups
- There are numerous Facebook groups related to marketing, business and entreprenuership
- This can be a great way to start building relationships
- Remember to always focus on giving value first – you cannot just spam your affiliate links!
- Direct Messaging & Outreach
- Establish a relationship first
- For example, you can answer questions in a Facebook group, build a little credibility and establish a relationship with some members first
- Reach out the to local businesses who you know or who you believe could benefit from using ClickFunnels
- Reach Out to Friends, Family or Current Clients/Businesses You Know
- Maybe it goes without saying, but let’s not be too pushy here – no one wants to be “that person“
ClickFunnels Affiliate Tools
As a ClickFunnels affiliate, you’ll have access to a variety of high-performing promotional material to help you start making some sales.
Here are some popular affiliate tools that you’ll be able to promote:
- Offer Best-Selling Books for Free (*A Great Lead Magnet Option!)
- Expert Secrets
- DotCom Secrets
- Promote the One Funnel Away Challenge
- Get $100 for each sign up!
- High-Converting Swipe Files and Copy
- A Variety of Premium Packages & Plans
- Funnel Scripts (for copy writing)
- Freelance Secrets & Creating Your Laptop Lifestyle
- Many more…
- The Affiliate Boot Camp
ClickFunnels is an exciting opportunity for many affiliate marketers and businesses. Not only is the software a highly useful tool for making sales, but the affiliate program is one of the best in the industry.
Having the opportunity to enjoy 40% monthly recurring commissions and a chance to win a free dream car are just some incentives for joining the platform.
However, it’s the impressive training, community support, free resources and mastermind groups that can really give your affiliate marketing the edge it needs to cut through the noise and make sales.
Either way, it never hurts to test out the the software by signing up for a 14-day free trial – totally risk free.
Let me know in the comments what you think about ClickFunnels and its affiliate program!